Forums
This thread relates to...
MainStage 3 101
Core Training: MainStage 3 Explored
by: Vanacoro
More Info
  • Student455291
    Can't create a patch with some basic Logic Instruments
    Strangely I founded how to create patches for Session Horn and Session Strings, but Instruments like French Horns in Orchestral bank of Logic (for exemple), I can't find how to make a patch with it. It doesn't appear in the list. Do I have to choose a special thing? Sorry if that seems simple to you but I am new to Mainstage, and not so stupid, but obviously there is something I didn't catch... Thanks I use 3.4.1 version.
  • Joe A
    Re: Can't create a patch with some basic Logic Instruments
    Hi - The French Horn(s) patches are definitely in there—you should be able to use the standard method for creating/adding a new Patch (Edit mode; "+" button; select the Patch in the Patch Settings pane). If they don't show up in the list under Orchestral (as in the screenshot below) maybe check the Sound Library Manager (under the MainStage menu), and try reloading them..
  • Student455291
    Thanks Joe. It doesn't work the way you show. I don't know why, but I have found a tricky way to do it. Thanks
  • Joe A
    I'm glad you found a workaround :-) Still, it's odd that MainStage doesn't see those sounds in their usual (factory) location.. Maybe it needs to refresh the patch list—unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easily accessible command for that in MS like the Refresh command for the EXS instrument list in Logic..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: