Ask.Video
Forums
  • Tozyboy
    Will Apple release Logic Pro X soon, or never ?
    The title says it all ! So, what do you think ?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Will Apple release Logic Pro X soon, or never ?
    I hope so! Its been 4 years since the last release. There are rumors floating around, but as always with Apple you never know until its released.
  • Tozyboy
    [quote=Gary Hiebner]I hope so! Its been 4 years since the last release. There are rumors floating around, but as always with Apple you never know until its released.[/quote] I'm glad I switched to Cubase on PC around three years ago (from LP9), and I'm very happy with my decision . Steinberg is a great company that stays in touch with their customers. ;-) I can't imagine waiting that long for a DAW to be upgraded, and Apple has Zero communication with its Pro-Audio community, Logic Pro 9 users are left in the dark, and lots of uncertainty. Oh well. If Apple released Logic Pro X in the near future, I might take a look at what they offer this time around. Given the new Mac Pros have been finally announced, I'm surely upgrading my 2006 Mac Pro 8 core to the new 2013 Mac Pro, I have been using my good old 2006 Mac Pro 8 core, mostly for web browsing, graphic design, ...etc. but Not for music production. I wonder why Apple is taking so long to release Logic Pro X ? Cheers, Muziksculp
  • GaryHiebner
    I moved over to Logic from ProTools in about 2006. I think it was on Logic 7 then. Then Logic was ahead of the game. I remember being blown away by it. It had amazing capabilities, and the plugins and synths that were bundled with it were top notch. I actually remember learning Logic by watching the macProVideo tutorials by Steve and Martin. I still think that the bundled effects are really good. I find that when I work in Logic I don't use many 3rd party plugins. I've moved over to Ableton and Studio One recently, they're not Logic but working in a different DAW gives you different results. But I do hope that Logic X is released soon! Many of the other DAWs have caught up with their features. They have great pitch and time stretching capabilities, and their effects and instruments have come along way. So Logic is really gonna have to Wow us like it did with Logic 7. Here's holding thumbs that Apple surprises us with Logic X.
  • Dozysau
    Hi really hope they do! I was a logic user years back when just after I had updated they decided to port it to the Mac, I paid nearly £400 pound only to be left in the lurch. I've now built my system around Logic spending hundreds more on peripherals, if they don't update I will be one unhappy Mac convert.
  • Paul Bissell
    Logic 9 is still - even after 4 years - a full featured DAW that can do whatever you pretty much ask it to - and do it damn well. That is a major testament to how deep it is. No doubt that not knowing WHEN the next release is coming is a big of a bummer. Maybe this will change somewhat under new management. We'll see. Leroy - I would imagine that your peripherals work with anything. Logic has always been very open with no proprietary audio interfaces or drivers or control surfaces or whatever. After many years, PT has come to this point as well for the most part. We'll see in the fall...
  • eyerhyme
    I think Paul has summed it up best as to how deep Logic is and in a discussion with the authors of the Advanced Logic Certification book, they don't know one person who truly knows everything about Logic. I find it still does everything I need and while the other programs have some useful features, it's not a make or break for making music. In fact, many of the features are doing nothing except compensating for the lack of musicianship. It's a bandaid for practicing your instrument and properly learning it in many cases. To a certain point, I miss the days of 2" tape. Play it RIGHT! Get the GROOVE! Understand how to jam with your bandmates. Much of today's music has become too perfect and lifeless.
  • Rumdrum
    Why the hurry? Isn't 9 still good? I have been using Cubase and Logic side by side for the last 4 years. I recently upgraded to Cubase 7. An upgrade with a troublesome start and it took 1/2 year and 5 updates from Steinberg to get it right. All along Logic performed well, and sometimes I needed to move projects from Cubase to Logic to make it work. There is nothing in Cubase 7 I can not do in Logic. The new interface of Cubase is more modern and the new mixer is just great with improved workflow that saves some time, but Logic would have yeilded the same music and the same quality. Before upgrading to Cubase 7, I was on Cubase 5. I did not see the need of any Cubase 6. As Logic 9 is a great software I have not seen the need of an upgrade yet. Don't understand the hype for x. Make music instead.
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Will Apple release Logic Pro X soon, or never ?
    I have been told there are lots of new things coming from Apple, and they would rather take extra time to do it right, rather than do the same old same old with no innovation quickly. Personally I use Logic Pro 9 and have no reason to move to any other DAW.
  • GaryHiebner
    So this may put all the rumors to rest [url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/logic-pro-x/id634148309?mt=12[/url] Can't wait to try it out!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: