Ask.Video
Forums
  • heimi
    How to create leadsheets
    Hi. I would like to create leadsheets for the musicians and the siger, add some lyrics, etc. What do you prefer? The Logic score-editor, Finale or Sibelius? Maybe it's better to learn Finale or Sibelius, because I don't know what happens to Logics score-editor in future.
  • steveH
    Re: How to create leadsheets
    I think Logic's score editor is great for lead sheets! I also think that Logic's score editor is due for a big upgrade which would be a big selling point!
  • heimi
    Sounds good. Ok I'll try it with Logic. I never work with Logic's score editor before.
  • Howler
    I've tried it. I found insertion of chords rather kludgy, and ended up writing them in myself after printing the melody out - *yawn*. A tip and trick on 'how to create a slick lead sheet and straight ahead chord chart in score editor' would be unreal....
  • steveH
    Yeah... it actually works quite well... if you know what to do... I'll do a tip tut on it!
  • macnando
    I use Finale and it is an amazing software. Finale was the best scoring possibility for many years until Silbelius developed better sounds to play scores. Now Finale also has Kontakt Player sampler included offering incredible sound results. One can even burn a CD straight from the score or save an MP3 file. Now I start to save Finale midi files and read them within Logic, using Software instruments. Logic also reads Kontakt Player sample player AU from Finale that I can even use the same sounds. It´s already a good integration, painless, believe me.. it depends on the point of view , if you are a studio musician or/and recording engineer and there are no need for big scores, just simple parts, i think Logic is ok. In case one needs a big score, with 8, 10, 12, 20 or more staffs, well, in my humble opinion... Finale. Lucky me, I can work with both :-D
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, I am looking to create a chord chart in Logic 8. I am looking for beat slashes with a tie and a slash beam for 8th notes. I can put the chords in the global chord track but copying it to a text edit is difficult. I think it would be easier to just do it in text edit. Is there currently a tutorial tip viewable on the Macpro video web site? Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, You might want to contact Ski directly in this thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=31994[/url] for more advice. Ski (Peter) is our resident Score Expert :)
  • Peter Schwartz
    Who? Me? Hey guys! I've been keeping tabs on this thread and while I'd like to reply, Steve H. said he was going to do a tut on it. So I thought I'd wait and see what he was going to do. Let me reach out to him and see what he has in mind. Cheers, Peter (Ski)
  • Peter Schwartz
    Meanwhile, please see my article on lyric entry in Logic: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/logic-tutorial-lyric-entry-logic-pros-score-editor[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: