Ask.Video
Forums
  • Jag
    Logic\'s versions compatibility
    Hey guys, I recently got a session to work on from a friend of mine. I myself use 7.1 version whereas his session was created on 7.2 version. Upon opening the session on 7.1v I get "damaged song" message and basically am unable to open it. Would anybody have any suggestions? thanks a lot j
  • macnando
    Re: Logic\'s versions compatibility
    Hi Jag There is probably a problem with this file (corrupted?) Check what I got from Logic Pro Late 7.2 breaking news: Logic and Intel or PowerPC Macintosh Systems Logic Pro 7.2 is designed to run natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh systems. This impacts in the following ways: For technical reasons, all song conversions between Logic PPC and Logic Intel will remove the Undo history. Songs saved in Logic 7.2 PPC can be opened with any Logic release between 7.0 and 7.1.1, ensuring that PPC Logic 7.2 songs remain compatible with earlier Logic Pro 7 versions and vice versa. Songs saved in Logic 7.2 PPC can be opened with Logic 7.2 Intel (and Logic 7.2 PPC). Songs saved in Logic 7.2 Intel can be opened with Logic 7.2 PPC (and Logic 7.2 Intel). Songs saved in Logic 7.2 Intel can not be opened with earlier versions of Logic (Logic 7.1.x or earlier). This means that Logic 7.2 Intel songs are only upwards compatible (Logic 7.2 Intel can open older songs but not vice versa). Note: Should you wish to make Logic 7.2 Intel songs compatible with Logic 7.1.x, simply open the song in Logic 7.2 PPC and save it. I hope it helps, otherwise check with the experts :-D
  • steveH
    If he's using an Intel Mac with his 7.2 you're outta luck with your 7.1 PPC... you've got to upgrade to 7.2 PPC to get it to work!
  • Jag
    Thanks guys, yeah, that stinks, looks like I am going to have to dish out 49 bucks. I appreciate your help. jag
  • steveH
    You know, there are some bugs fixed in 7.2.... so you're not just doing it for compatibility!!
  • Jag
    yeah, I know so I guess it's not gonna be complete rip off. :-) thanks Steve PS: when are the advance tips and tricks coming out? Recently I watched the apple free seminar on remixing in Logic with Vince and something like this would be really cool but at least 4hrs of it. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet. jag
  • steveH
    Soon... Martin and I are working on it...perhaps July!
  • Jag
    That I think will be a big sell. there're a lot of people there waiting to advance their skills. I can't wait myself. PS: what do you know about Logic 8? I heard that apple wants to change the classic logic interface and make it look more like a GarageBand. :-(
  • macnando
    hi Jag & Steve, Just to make it clear: If I save a Logic 7.2 Intel file, a Logic 7.2 PPC will read it, right? If I take this file to someone using Logic 7.1 PPC it will work, is that correct? By the way, the info I posted earlier one can reach at: [url]http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Logic_Pro_7.2_lbn_z.pdf[/url] All the best and looking forward july!
  • steveH
    Yes
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: