Ask.Video
Forums
  • Jag
    Key commands
    Hi there, I have question as far as key commands. How exactly do you export your custom key commands so you can later import them on a different machine. I must be oblivious. :-)
  • macnando
    Re: Key commands
    Hi Jag, By the book, preferences file is automatic saved on the target system as a .bak file. It should be in your system folder>preferences>Logic preferences.bak. This file contain all your key commands. It is also advised to keep a copy of this file somewhere else, in a cd-rom or another hd. Of course one of these experts (Christian, Steve or Martin) will explain you better. Greetings!
  • mPV Support
    Key commands are stored in Home Folder/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro . Don't confuse this file with the "com.apple.logic.pro.plist" located in your preference folder. You can make a copy of the "com.apple.logic.pro" on another drive for backup purposes or to export it on another computer. To import it back, use "Import Key Commands..." in the "Options" menu of the Key Commands window. When you import Key Commands into Logic, it will create automatically a backup of your older ones in a file named "com.apple.logic.bak" in the same folder. The "Copy Key Commands to Clipboard" of the "Options" menu can also be useful. You can then paste your KC in a word processor for reference.
  • macnando
    Thanks Christian to clear this out and I'm sorry for the confusion. Logic's manual isn't that clear and it did not give a path for those files as you did. Very useful info. All the best!
  • Jag
    thanks guys, I appreciate it, Initially, I was copying the com.apple.logic.pro file and for some reason it seemed like it wasn't transfering all my commands. It works now. thanks again. all the best!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: