Forums
This thread relates to...
Logic Pro X 113
External MIDI Basics
by: bookeredwards
More Info
  • Student486421
    MIDI sustain issues during playback.
    Hey:) My sustain input only works when I playback with the plugin window open. if I close the plugin window and playback the track only every other sustain input plays. what can I do to fix this? I use Logic pro X
  • Joe A
    Re: MIDI sustain issues during playback.
    Normally if an Instrument responds to MIDI sustain pedal data [CC64] it should work the same whether the Instrument plug-in window is open or not, with both live MIDI input and playback -- I couldn't duplicate what you described, it works normally here [but of course I don't know what Instrument you were using]. Select the Region, open the Piano Roll Editor for that Region, make sure the Piano Roll pane is selected [blue box around it], turn on the Piano Roll Automation display [A], and select Sustain in the Automation/MIDI menu at the bottom of the Piano Roll Inspector -- you can check and see if the Sustain pedal data [MIDI CC64] is recorded properly in the track. Since this seems to be about Logic, I've moved the thread over to the Logic subforum..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: