Forums
This thread relates to...
Garageband '11 101
Core Garageband '11
by: scottfreiman
More Info
  • Student480253
    Re: Problem - Vocal track changed to different effects
    - What are "Live Performance" effects..? Where do you see this? Ans: I select it from over in the hide-away panel to the right,,, View/Hide the Track Info. Are you talking about plug-ins in the Smart Controls pane? Ans: No. Not familiar with that. - Where do you see "No Effects" instead of "Live Performance"..? Ans: Right at the top left corners of every different "bubble"/segment/region. And the difference in sound is noticeable.
  • Student480253
    - Where do you see a Track-based preference for "Live Performance"? Ans: On the left of every track. Where the volume slider etc. is. - What did you mean when you said "The chosen "Live Performance" effect that I had selected was random"..? Ans: This is the problem. I want my chosen effect/sound for each track to be the same throughout the entire track. Who wouldn't... But now, certain bubbles/segments/regions have changed to the "No Effects" effect; and I cannot change them back to all being the same effect. Picture a long chain analogous to my track; all of a sudden half the chain's links are now a different shape or colour.
  • Student480253
    I don't see any of those terms or labels anywhere in GB. Are you talking about GB for macOS or iOS..? Ans: Sorry, I have no idea. This forum is nutty! It doesn't allow characters like chevrons or brackets?? Crazy. How would you prefer I send you photos? They might be really helpful, as your GB looks quite different than mine.
  • Joe A
    Hi Paul - Ok, now that I know that your version of GB is GarageBand'11/Version6.0.5, some of what you're saying makes more sense. I found an older course on that version of GarageBand -- I've changed the link at the top of this thread to point to that course, which should correspond to the version you're working with. It seems to be a pretty comprehensive course, so hopefully you'll be able to find some answers in there.. - The section on the right of your GB screen is the same as the Library on the left in my version -- they just moved it and changed the name, but the functionality appears to be the same. In there you're loading preset chains of Track-based plug-ins, so I would think that what I said about accidentally changing [Real Instrument?] effect preset chains should apply in your version of GB as well - I don't see any way to have effects tied to particular Regions on a Track [in either the older or current versions of GB] -- the only thing I see at the upper left corner of Regions is the Take number [which you'll see if you've recorded multiple Takes in Cycle mode] Since I can't poke around in my version of GB and duplicate what you might be seeing/doing [and I don't think I ever used that older version of GB], I can really only refer you to the course on the older version -- maybe check out video #63 [Insert Effects] and video #70 [Automating Effects]..? In fact, Automation is the only way I can think of that you could have different/changing effects at different times on the same Track in GB, but, again, that could be a version thing -- but hopefully that GB'11 course will be able to clarify a little.. PS - The Forum does seem to have some odd restrictions on characters at times -- I'm told it's due to the aggressive anti-spam software in use..
  • Student480253
    Well, it was a long-shot to begin with. I do appreciate and admire you inherent willingness to help people out Joe. And you may indeed have, depending on what I discover in the link you sent. Keep up the good work! Paul.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: