Forums
This thread relates to...
Premiere Pro CC 102
Working in the Timeline
by: kevinmcAuliffe
More Info
  • Student487464
    Select silent parts of the audio track of a video
    Hello! I am not sure, I my question/problem belongs to the "video" or to "audio" :) Here is, what I want to do: I record videos, where I interview guests (via zoom call). Because I have a very sensitive microphone, it sometimes pick up some background noises (e.g. breathing etc.). Also the audio-track from the zoom-recording often has some noise in the part, where my guest isnt speaking. Is there a automatic option/tool, to get a selection of all the parts, which are e.g. quieter than -28 db? I want to emphasize, that I didnt want to use something like an auto-gate, because it effects all audio, not only the quiet parts. Instead I just want premiere to identify all parts, which are quieter than a fix db number. So I can delete them or put them into a different track or disable them. What I dont want: an automatic modify of all the parts. I want to have manual control over it, but its takes a hack of a time, if I select all the quiet parts by hand. Does anybody knows a automatic solution for this? To get a specific selection of the audio! Thank you in advanced :) :)
  • Joe A
    Re: Select silent parts of the audio track of a video
    Hi - In audio DAWs there's often a feature that cuts up the audio track into pieces by removing the quiet/silent sections [below the set Threshold, in your case I guess -28dB?] -- it's usually called Strip Silence or something like that. It basically works the same as a Noise Gate but after the audio is cut up, you'd have individual editing control over the cuts, in case you need to fix something. I don't think Premiere Pro has such an audio feature -- actually I'm an audio guy, and not a Premiere Pro user -- but I guess when the video edits are done you could export the audio into a suitable DAW [including Adobe Audition], do the gating/editing there, and bring it back into Premiere.. I've attached a Premiere Pro course to this thread [click More Info, above] -- there's a section on Working with Audio, maybe there'll be something in there that will be helpful, or maybe a Premiere guru will chime in with a suggestion..
  • Student487464
    Re: Select silent parts of the audio track of a video
    Hi Joe :) Thank you a lot, I will try that method out!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: