Ask.Video
Forums
This thread relates to...
Final Cut Pro 101
Absolute Beginner's Guide
by: iainanderson
More Info
  • Student475060
    Syncing to external audio after final edit?
    Hello! I have 8 final edits based on about 20hrs of footage broken down to 8 clips at 2 minutes. The whole audio has been recorded externally but I just got the whole project with the words "please sync it" . I didnt edit..... I thought, easy peasy use pluraleyes and here we go, but apparently it doesnt work. I can see that each camera clip has roughly a matching clip in audio, sometimes the audioclips are much longer though and many clips go for one audio. When I sync all raw videoclips with all raw audioclips it works (XML way) BUT - is there any way I can just sync the final edits so that just the right portions of the audio clips are put beneath the videoclips? OR - replace the audio in the original clips completely so it goes all the way into the final edit? I already spent about 6hrs googling and trying, I cannot find a solution! THANK YOU
  • Joe A
    Re: Syncing to external audio after final edit?
    I've linked a FCPX course to this thread, click "More Info" above to access it. And here's a link to another FCP course as well: https://www.macprovideo.com/course/final-cut-pro-205-pro-audio-techniques?afid=E470KLQ7r9 I assume you consulted the FCPX manual, but just in case I also found this page: https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/sync-audio-and-video-verc1fabc30/mac I'm an audio guy myself so I can't help with this, but maybe anther FCPX user/guru will have a suggestion..
  • BenB
    Re: Syncing to external audio after final edit?
    First, why are you not syncing these inside of FCP (Multicam Clip)? I'd have gone that route. I'd also never remove the original audio from the video clips. I do multi cams often for TV broadcast and on occasion I find I need that original audio to fix unforeseen issues. Once you have your Multicam Clip created, and adjusted (via the Angle Editor), you can drop that into a Project's timeline and simply cut out what you don't want.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: