Forums
This thread relates to...
Final Cut Pro 101
Absolute Beginner's Guide
by: iainanderson
More Info
  • Student473312
    Distorted (Digital Noise?) images when importing .psd-file in FCPx
    Hello, I hope someone can give me advice on the following. I'm trying to do some animations on a painting using a .psd-file and animating the different layers. I've used the mask effect from FCPx before but the background figures are to much visible, so I used the Photoshop approach. However, when I import the .psd-file it gives distortion or digital noise on the layers that I've worked on in Photoshop. The photoshopfile is a large file but I need to zoom in on the picture so i can't reduce it. Does anyone know what is going on here and how to fix it, so I can animate the layers? Thx J Ps: Tried it on a MacbookPro 2011 (High Sierra) and 2019 (Big Sur)
  • Joe A
    Re: Distorted (Digital Noise?) images when importing .psd-file in FCPx
    Hi J - I'm an audio guy myself, but I've linked one of our FCPX courses to this thread [above] -- hopefully a FCP user/guru will have some advice to offer.. I also found these pages in Apple FCPX Support about importing and working with layered graphic files [like .psd] -- they mention several considerations for dealing with the layers, so maybe there'll there'll be something useful in there: https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/add-still-images-verfc8a3df7/mac https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202409
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: