Forums
This thread relates to...
Final Cut Pro 101
Absolute Beginner's Guide
by: iainanderson
More Info
  • Student465429
    trim/extend multiple clips
    How to extend /trim multiple clips. Pls check my case in this screen capture : https://imgur.com/MeN3fP5 I want to make all those selected clips to have the same out point at the red playhead. So fcp should trim/extend those clips to the playhead. How can i do this ? can't find the answer anywhere. it's silly that FCP can't do this. Thanks
  • Joe A
    Re: trim/extend multiple clips
    I'm not really a FCPX guy, but I found a couple of suggestions (the first seems to be the easiest).. - Select all clips & temporarily extend their lengths (Control-D) so they all cross the desired end point; - Position the playhead and Blade them; - Select the remainders and delete them - Select all clips & temporarily extend their lengths (Control-D) so they all cross the desired end point; - Position the playhead, deselect all clips, and hit Option-] repeatedly to trim them one-by-one (the top clip should be trimmed first and then each clip below should be trimmed in turn) I don't have FCPX here to test with, but it seems like it should work. I've attached one of our FCPX courses to this thread -- if there's a more straightforward solution maybe one of our FCP gurus will chime in..
  • Student465429
    Thanks Joe, yes that what i did so far. Suppose to be a single keystroke to do all those things like in other editing app. I don't want to do trim them one by one or i don't want to blade them and delete them , this workflow is to slow for me.
  • iain-anderson
    It is possible to use Trim End (that's ⌥] ) to shorten all those clips at once, but there's no one-key way to lengthen all those clips at once, as Extend Edit doesn't do multiple clips. You can ⌃D for Duration, then type a time larger than you need, then ⌥]. That's not ideal, so please request Apple to support Extend Edit with multiple clips? They do listen to feedback.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: