Ask.Video
Forums
  • soundtrack pro
    round tripping from stp to fcp not working
    I'm using mac os x 10.6 shooting in hd 10-50i, codec avc intra 100-50i stp gets the file when i send it from fcp for noise reduction. It doesn't return it, altered!! any suggestions yes fcp has stp as audio set up
  • BenB
    Re: round tripping from stp to fcp not working
    How exactly are you doing the roundtrip?
  • soundtrack pro
    highlight audio, right click, send to stp, I.d NOISE in STP, , process, set noise print, then noise reduction, apply, file save return to fcp... diddly squat! no green line on fcp audio, to show any changes. I tried converting audio to an aif file by exporting it to desktop as aif, then importing it into fcp and then overwriting original audio same process as above, this stp does round trip, with green line on audio after, only one problem, IT'S OUT OF SINC!
  • BenB
    From the Sequence window, are you sending it to an STP Audio File Project or Multitrack Project? If you send to an Audio File project, the original audio in the Sequence should have (sent) added to the name, and you should see a new file in the Browser "[original name] (sent).aif" or .mov if it's a video clip. If you send to a Multitrack project, you have to save out an AIFF file and re-import that into FCP.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: