Ask.Video
Forums
  • Jylefyy
    export a clip from STP as aif file
    Hello Rounik, Frank here, from Portland OR. How do I export just part of a file as an aif, please? I hope all is well with you.-f-
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: export a clip from STP as aif file
    Hey Frank! Hope the weather in Portland is as good as it is here in the UK! Right, your question prompted me to launch SoundTrack Pro 3 and check again as I haven't used it in a while... and you know I'm sad it's not been developed since the arrival of FCP X :( Anyway, it's quite easy to do. In Logic you would set a Cycle area... but in STP you need to set an In and Out point. The easiest way to do this is to place the playhead where you wish to begin export from and hit "I" on your keyboard and do the same for the end and hit "O". If you're familiar with FCP then you possibly already understand how cool In and Out points are! Once you're done go to File > Export... and then choose your settings and hit "Export". Done! Hope that helps Rounik
  • Jylefyy
    Thanks, buddy, appreciate that! I'm not familiar with FCP, really, and was getting ready to get FCP X and my poet sister said it wouldn't work with her camera and some other opiners were saying it wasn't as pro, etc. But I don't even Have any older projects to import. I'm gonna use 2 Canon XLII's and a Panasonic DVX100A. Any reason you would incline a video novice away from FCP X? The weather, finally, is sublime. Thanks again, Rounik. Frank
  • BenB
    Get the free trial download, work with it. It's very powerful, easy to learn, and as pro as anything else I've used.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: