Forums
This thread relates to...
Logic Pro 306
Live Loops
by: joshuacarney
More Info
  • Joe A
    Logic 10.5 Live Loops
    Logic Pro X 10.5 is out, and among the many cool new toys is a new feature called Live Loops, Apple's answer to loop-based production. The new Live Loops grid playground lets you arrange, record and launch scenes of musical cells while processing them live, in real time, with the new Remix FX. Joshua Carney's new course "Logic Pro X 304 Live Loops" digs into the details of this exciting new addition. Joshua covers the basics of Live Loops, and explains how to get started quickly using the new Starter Grids templates. He demonstrates different techniques to create full song arrangements and remixes in real time by cueing and triggering loops and scenes in the Live Loops grid. The course also covers building your own custom scenes from scratch by importing loops, recording your own content, and editing MIDI data in the new pattern sequencer, as well as incorporating Logic Remote, the (free) iOS app that offers additional control capabilities. For Logic users who can't wait to take advantage of the new Live Loops feature, this comprehensive course is a must-see.
  • Steve H
    Re: Logic 10.5 Live Loops
    So I've been enjoyingplaying with Live Loops which I see enormous potential for my performances. I was a big fan of its implementation in GB for iOS. Glad it's now in Logic! As a Logic user and not an Ableton guy I was wondering how you Live users feel about this feature in LPX. Does it work for you? What do you like/dislike about it? (Very curious)
  • Student475293
    Hi, I got interested in Live loops, because zenaud.io ALK2 stopped developing. With this software you can pre-determine when to record a cell from which input and when to play it. So, ideal for live soloperformancers who want to build up their songs quickly. So what I (I guess) dislike about live loops is that this functionality is not available, or that it's not intuitively easy to find. So, if you know how to do this in live loops: could you point me in the right direction? Thnx, Jeroen
  • Joe A
    Hi Jeroen - I'm not familiar with ALK2, but maybe there'll be something relevant in the attached course, or perhaps another Live Loops user will also know ALK2 and have a suggestion to offer..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: