This thread has been flagged as solved.
This thread relates to...
Scoring Masterclass
Logic's Score Editor: Techniques, Tips & Tricks
by: peterschwartz
More Info
  • Fatatio
    Positioning of notes and prefixes in polyphonic styles
    I wanted to ask if I could get an answer to following question: If in the polyphonic style two notes come together (different channels of course), especially in the interval of second, then obviously these notes must be separated manually with the layout tool. And if prefixes are added, then they have to be moved additionally with the layout-tool. Can LOGIC not automatically adjust the notes and prefixes in polyphonic style? I would enjoy an answer. (May be, I do something wrong)
  • Joe A
    Re: Positioning of notes and prefixes in polyphonic styles
    You might want to also take a look at Peter's full-length course on Logic's Score Editor.. The video below -- and the half-dozen that follow it -- all cover the use of polyphonic staff styles; perhaps there'll be some more detailed information there that might address the specific issues you mention.. :-)
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Positioning of notes and prefixes in polyphonic styles
    You're not doing anything wrong. Logic doesn't detect collisions between notes on different channels, nor does it automatically space them apart. You're doing everything correctly. Use the layout tool to get the space you need. If you find it difficult to select one of the notes, select it in the event list (or piano roll) and temporarily shift it up or down an octave. Use the layout tool to move the note in the direction you need and then put it back to its original pitch. (There are key commands for shifting notes up/down an octave which work in any editor window.) Regards, Peter Schwartz
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: