Ask.Video
Forums
  • Paul Bissell
    Controllers
    Hi all. I have an Oxygen 61 keyboard controller and would like to set it is so that all of the knobs and sliders are mapped to specific parameters of the software instruments. I am sure that this is covered by one or more of the Logic tutorials here on mPV....but.......the search function is not bringing up any bulleyes. I need to know about the zones and all the meaty stuff to really make my controller work and lock in with Logic. Can anyone tell me which course and which tutorials in those courses I should check out? I know that the old Logic Ninja has one on YouTube but A) It is pretty rushed with no graphics to help explain the concepts, and B) When I follow those instructions, each knob ends up mapping to the same parameter on the plugin somehow. Grrrrr. Which of the 10,000 videos on mpV should I seek? Having a subscription is sooooooo nice :) Thanks! Paul Bissell
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Controllers
    Hey Paul, This is a really good question.... and IMHO is one of the flakiest and least well explained areas of Logic... unless of course you're dealing with an integrated controller. In fact, I ditched my previous controllers a while back in favour of using TouchOSC on my iPad, which acts as a Control Surface and is selectable within Logic's Preferences! I actually think this may not be covered in depth in any of the 10,000 vids!! (shock!) But, we certainly go deeper into using the Environment, where you can manually map your controls to a specific software instrument by using faders and monitor objects... the Environment is really covered in the Logic TNT1, 2 and 3 series. This probably isn't the answer you were looking for... but hope it's somewhat helpful? :)
  • SomeSamurai
    Re: Re: Controllers
    Open apple-L is the logic Midi learn command. I had the same problem with mapping the same knob to different parameters. The trick is to tweak a digital knob, open apple-l to go into learn mode, twist the physical knob, then open apple-L again to exit learn mode. then repeat with a different knob. hopefully that should work for you. If not, the other way to do it is to setup a monitor-transformer-monitor system in the logic environment which I find can be helpful in making sure that one knob is always affecting the same thing by transforming from the knobs control change info to match the digital control change info, but it's more labor intensive and takes more time, though it is pretty exact in its control.
  • Alessandro
    Re: Re: Controllers
    I'm a member here, please what is "Logic TNT1, 2 and 3 series"? where can I find it? I've the same problem of Paul!! Grrrrr..
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi! Logic TNTs are video courses which you can find in our Logic library here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/logic+studio-suite[/url]
  • BenB
    I'll add in that I've tested pretty much ever remote controller for Logic, FCP, and Motion. For Logic, the one I like the best (the only one I dare use) is AC-7 Core HD.
  • Paul Bissell
    That looks cool - except that if I'm on my keyboard playing notes, I just want the knob that is right in front of me to do what I want it to do. I don't want to reach over and bank through something to make this virtual knob the filter or whatever. Sigh. The search continues. LOTS of videos in those TNTs. Too bad there isn't a search function.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: