Ask.Video
Forums
  • Felezui
    Memory is getting low...
    Hi, Guys, I started to have this Message: Memory is Getting Low. My set up, Logic 9 32 bit 16 gig of RAM, MAc Pro, 32 tracks of EXS 24 8 track Omnisphere 16 track Kontakt I cannot use 64 bit because there us no future of Bouncing to a Movie (not available in 64 bit). Is this a bug, hard drive or it is normal???
  • BenB
    Re: Memory is getting low...
    I'm not sure, but here's my guess. In 32-bit mode, Logic can only access 4GB RAM, no more. If your project is pulling on too much library content, this could happen. If you have other 64-bit apps open eating up tons of RAM (FCP X, Motion 5 for example), that could limit what's left over for 32-bit mode in Logic.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Memory is getting low...
    Hi, Although Logic in 32 bit mode can only access up to 4GB, the EXS24 is not included in that mix, so it can also access an additional 4GB (about 3.4GB precisely... or close to that...) Anyway, this sounds like a very heavy and intensive session. I would recommend running it in 64-bit mode and when it comes to bouncing, simply bounce all tracks in place. Save the project and quit Logic. Select the Logic application in the Applications folder and hit Command-I and select the option to run in 32-bit mode. Now re-launch Logic and mute all the original duplicate tracks (keep the bounced audio tracks of course) and bounce to movie. Alternatively you can stay in 64-bit mode and bounce the mix to a separate audio file. Then open the movie in QuickTime Pro 7 and add the bounce audio file to the movie and export the movie (it'll be pretty quick if you don't change any video codec settings). HTH R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: