Ask.Video
Forums
  • spotlight
    Logic 9 express voice recording
    1.Could I echo my voice just for the last note of each phrase? 2. How can I turn my singing voice into a machine like singing voice? 3. If I would like to record a voice like Enya do I use delay or reverb? Thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 9 express voice recordin...
    Hi spotlight, Happy New Year :) I'll try and answer your questions: 1. There are a couple of ways to achieve this. You could either cut out the last note and place it on a new audio track and place the echo/delay plugin on that track, or... ... automate the delay plugin on the existing track. Check out "Automation" in the Logic 101 or ask away here for more info :) 2. Do you mean make it sound robotic? Look at using the Vocal Transformer plugin Under Pitch > Vocal Transformer. There are some good presets and even a "Robotize" button. 3. Reverb, EQ, a fantastic microphone, a lovely recording studio and a talented Recording Engineer ;-) No really, explore the Space designer Reverb plugin in Logic... I think you have this in Logic Express 9?... A small amount of delay may also be useful. Hope this helps! Rounik
  • spotlight
    Thank you I will try it tomorrow :)
  • spotlight
    Thank you for your help. I would like to create a voice like Cher's Believe (a very synthesized sound) and don't know how to do it. Hope someone can help me with it:) spotlight
  • Peter Schwartz
    That's done with Autotune. You could probably get a similar result with Melodyne. But if you want to stick with Logic's plugins, use the "Pitch Correction" plugin right on the channel. The only difference, though, is that you can't "play" the Pitch Correction plug like you can with Autotune. Still, the Pitch Correction might do the trick for you.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Oh, and as far as getting Enya's sound, stack your vocals and use a very long reverb setting.
  • Rounik Admin
    You might be interested in this Blog tutorial... more T-Pain than Cher... but you know... with a little experimentation you can achieve something close to what you want I think. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/create-tpain-autotune-effect-logic[/url] :) Rounik
  • spotlight
    Thank you for your help. I will try all these tips :) I have one more question. Do you know which Video talks about notation and how to print the score out? I have typed the text but it was harder than I thought. I typed something and when I typed the next word I lost the previous word. :(
  • Rounik Admin
    I think Ski is best placed to answer the text issue... but luckily it's not too tough to print a score to PDF / printer 1. Open the Score Editor. 2. Choose File > Print 3. Choose the print settings that relate to your printer... 4. If you want to create a PDF of your score then choose PDF > Save as PDF... from one of the Print dialogue windows instead of click OK to print. Give the PDF a name and choose a location to save it and you're done. Hope this helps R
  • Peter Schwartz
    Thanks Rounik, but regarding the score, my services are not needed here. You nailed it!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: