This thread has been flagged as solved.
This thread relates to...
iZotope RX 7 301
RX 7 - The Unofficial Video Manual
by: joealbano
More Info
  • Student452533
    PROBLEM WITH RX -7 CONTROLS
    I have recently purchased a copy of RX-7 from sweetwater.com. As a complete beginner with RX-7, I've run into a problem that I have been unsuccessful in solving. In the library video, there is an explanation of the basic controls of RX-7. The narrator clearly shows how you can scan various parts of an audio file: up, down, or from left to right, etc. Specifically, after he did a simple scan from left to right the scan he just made, of course,“stayed in place” on the display. Unfortunately, in my case when I try to duplicate the same scan, the scanned portion does not freeze in place or stay on the display. When I let go of the mouse, the scanned portion simply disappears! I am not a complete beginner when it comes to using simple windows controls, but I have never seen a situation wherein windows based software, a simple scan doesn't stay on the screen! Of course, if I can't scan for a possible anomaly, it pretty much makes the software useless. Obviously, I must be doing something wrong here. I would appreciate any help you an give me.
  • Joe A
    Re: PROBLEM WITH RX -7 CONTROLS
    Hi Vincent - I assume when you say "scan" you're referring to making a selection in the spectrogram/waveform display in RX7, as demonstrated in video #2 in the "RX 7 - The Unofficial Video Manual" course (linked above). You say the selection doesn't hold when you let go of the mouse—this would happen if you have the "Instant Process" option enabled (just below the display, as seen at 1:59 in the video below). When that feature is enabled, whenever you make a selection it immediately performs the desired operation (chosen from the popup menu just to the right) and the selection is not retained. (For processing that takes a little longer a process dialog may pop up, but if the processing is finished very quickly you won't see that, and the selection will just disappear—depending on the selected process you might notice a change in the waveform/display, but that may not be obvious.) Turning off Instant Process should restore normal selection behavior.
  • Student452533
    Thank you so much for your response. Your response was clear. I especially like you posting the relative video with the relevant 'Time Marker', so I could see the problem resolution in real time!
  • Joe A
    Hi Vincent - Glad to help! :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: