Forums
This thread relates to...
Logic Pro X 202
Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
by: davidearl
More Info
  • Student469162
    A drummer track
    If I hit +, I get last choice a drummer track. What is a difference between software instrument drums and a drummer track? Both are drums, correct.. ?
  • Joe A
    Re: A drummer track
    A regular Software Instrument drum track is just the drum kit waiting for you to play in a beat; a Drummer track is an intelligent programmer with more sophisticated kits and intelligent drum patterns that you can tweak. Watch video #15 in the course attached above. I suggest you view that entire course from start to finish -- I'm sure many questions will be answered, and it may help to put the various GB features and techniques in better context..
  • Student469162
    Yes, I also thought to watch all the videos, but time by time; as I'll get a questions about them anyway. Is it a rule then, if I use a drummer track, the quality of the song is higher than with a regular software instrument drum track? Or it's not a rule... ?
  • Joe A
    There are no rules. This is an apples & oranges comparison -- if you don't play/program your own drum parts then you'll get natural, professional drum parts with Drummer, if it includes beats in the musical styles you need. If you do create your own drum beats, then you could use Drummer's beats or not -- whether drum parts you create are better than or not as good as the virtual performances that come with Drummer depends on your skill and what you're looking for. As far as the drum sounds themselves, I think Drummer kits sound better than most of the regular Library drums, but again, it depends on the musical style/genre you're working in and what you're looking for in the way of drum sounds -- natural acoustic kits [Drummer] or lo-fi/electronic drums [other Library kits].
  • Student469162
    I watched the video. There, where are usually smart controls (on the bottom at right), is a possibility to use swing, fills etc. Well, I over listened the styles (Kyle etc), and if I wanted to use the controls place, all things there are grey, inactive. I can't use them. Why? Because in video anything is active. I clicked once and 2 times there, but no help..
  • Student469162
    On a tracklist, a drummer socal is active all the time while at the bottom is inactive..
  • Joe A
    I can't duplicate that, here all the controls for a Drummer track are always active. Try switching style Presets and moving the style joystick [ the dot in the square: loud/soft, simple.complex]; if a particular drum or cymbal in the kit image is grey, clicking on it should activate it.
  • Student469162
    I have a video, youtube gives me a copy choice, I copy but I don't know how to put it here. So I write an address https://youtu.be/_9RGw4W3NoE Hope it works. You can see below problems with drummer track.
  • Joe A
    You probably just don't have a Drummer Region selected -- the video doesn't show the Drummer track, but the Drummer edit controls only become active when a [yellow] Drummer Region is selected.
  • Student469162
    Yes, thanks, the region wasn't selected. But now I have the question. Macpro video shows, that I can change the parameters (joystick, fills etc). But if I select the beat presets, all those parameters are changing automatically. If it's so, where is the sense to change them by myself.. ? Or if, for example, I have half-pipe, I can change the half-pipe parameters, that I will have my "own created" half-pipe ? That's the sense of changing parameters.. ?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: