Forums
This thread relates to...
GarageBand 101
Absolute Beginner's Guide
by: Vanacoro
More Info
  • Joe A
    Re: Audio file stopped recording
    Hi - The forum isn't set up for posters to attach photos or videos, it's really meant for general discussion -- if you want to describe a particular problem the best way to do that is by listing a specific step-by-step description of what you did and what happened at each step. If you're able to post a video on, say, YouTube, I guess you could do that, but of course with some issues the only way to really suss things out efficiently is to share your screen with a tech support person [via appropriate software, like Zoom], and have a live two-way consultation. Did you check out the GarageBand video course linked at the top of this thread [or any of the other GB courses]? Most of the procedures for recording Software Instrument and Audio tracks should be shown somewhere in those videos, and that might help to clarify procedures for setting up and recording [more than screenshots could]..
  • Student469162
    https://youtu.be/ciNgL1QlYFI I got your answe but I can't see it here (I have it in my mailbox), but here is my answer. Viseo shows recorded audio file, what I did months ago. I don't remember how, but I have written down to choose audio file on the list and tap record button. You see I did so but not sound appears like first time (on first region). And if I tap record again and sing, that sound? and my voice both got recorded. How is all that..?
  • Student469162
    https://youtu.be/kJXDUWVUt4A This is now amazing tweed. I recorded it by the same way as another one, but occasionally deleted. So I can't show you it. But on previous video you saw another recorded audio file, it's the same. Now I try record - silence. Trying sing - that audio file records my voice. What I have done, I replaced sierra with catalina. Any settings are wrong? I occasionally firstly record another audio file, but you see no sound there like it was done months ago ( proof on video). Why is that?
  • Student469162
    https://youtu.be/lUouvbuYpU4 And this is not as screenshot. Chosen classis clean, then amp designer and it shows classic clean, not amazing tweed with 01 clean. And if I remember rightly, among the choices on below wasn't amazing tweed to choose.
  • Joe A
    In the last video you stopped without opening the list of presets in the header of the Amp Designer plug-in which is where you should find the Amazing Tweed factory preset -- though I'm not sure why you need to use that particular preset, that's where it's located. In the other videos, I really don't understand what you're trying to do that's not working -- it looked like recordings were being made, but I'm not clear on what you did or what you were going for -- all I heard was chirps. Trying to figure out what you're not doing now that you did before -- with no way to know exactly what you did before, and without a clear understanding of exactly what you're trying to achieve -- is not really possible, especially in a remote scenario. While an online forum is a great place for discussion and even troubleshooting specific issues, the text format doesn't really lend itself to procedural analysis -- for some problems you kind of have to be there to be able to understand and suss them out. If you follow the steps I outlined in previous posts and/or view the relevant videos in the linked GB course you should be able to record either a real [external] guitar part on an Audio track or a virtual guitar part on a Software Instrument track. If you require the "Amazing Tweed" Amp Designer preset, check the screenshot I posted earlier in the thread again for its location.
  • Student469162
    Yes, now I selected amazing tweed by 01 clean as on screenshot. How I can hear that tweed and other presets? It is selected now but where to tap to listen it?
  • Joe A
    If you've loaded the "Amazing Tweed" Amp Designer preset then you're already hearing its effect on whatever Software Instrument or audio Region is playing on that track -- you can bypass it momentarily to hear what it's contributing to the sound [you can momentarily bypass the preset with the round blue button just to the left of the preset name].
  • Student469162
    I only found 1 round blue button tapped there still listen nothing. Video included. You say I have to load amazing tweed. How I can do it? Maybe I haven't downloaded plug-ins yet? Why I can't listen to tweed and other presets? https://youtu.be/Qs1Ns8NcgbI
  • Joe A
    You *have* loaded the Amazing Tweed preset -- and when the blue [plug-in bypass] button is lit up [ON], you *are* hearing the effect of the Awesome Tweed preset when you play the track you have Amp Designer instantiated on. You video has no sound, so if you don't hear what you were expecting to hear then I think you may be ascribing some sound to the Awesome Tweed preset that has nothing to do with it. But again, remotely and with no audio, I have no way to guess what it is you were expecting to hear..
  • Student469162
    I have selected amazing tweed like on the screenshot. Also bypass is blue. How "have" I load the preset and you say "when you play the track". How can I play the track? Where to tap? What means have to load? If I have anything like on the screenshot, does it mean I still have to load an amazing tweed? And on the other hand, you wrote my video is with no audio, so you don't understand what I was expecting to hear.. But on the screenshot you show I have to hit software instrument. As it is not audio, I will not listen to it anyway? Or what? You are talking two different things. Firstly like on the screenshot, load an amazing tweed and then play the track, then you listen to it. And secondly, your video has no audio, so what to expect to hear at all? I don't understand.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: