Ask.Video
Forums
  • Sjamus
    GB for iPad tutorial. How to record touch gestures?
    In the tutorial of GB for iPad, the teacher screencasts the iPad and his touch gestures are shown as white dots. Does anyone know how to do that? I've searched the web. Asked MPV without luck. Being a teacher myself I would love to be able to do the same when I create small tutorials for my pupils. Any help is highly appreciated. Cheers Steen
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Re: GB for iPad tutorial. How to record touch gestures..
    Companies like this don't normally give out their production recipes. Just like food chains don't give out their recipes, either. You may need to do some web researching.
  • Sjamus
    Re: Re: GB for iPad tutorial. How to record touch gestures...
    Hi BenB. Thanks for your reply :-). Well, I'm sure this isn't Rocket science or a technique MPV invented. The tutor doing the material is from Kuala Lumpur and I've seen other online ressources using the same technique. It's probably one or two pieces of software in conjunction and since it's used by several tutors it's bound to be available somehow. I've got a full tutorial subscription to MPV and intend to renew my yearly subscription when it's due. If you Read my post it sats I've searched the Web - and believe me I've done so extensively, and Youtube as well without any luck. I teach my self and I have No intention of doing material or setup a site in order to compete with MPV. I'm simply trying to find a Way to add said technique to my own material for my own pupils. Why the paranoia? It's a Way to make screencasts with White dots showing touch gestures I'd like to do. I'm not doing Chineese company spying. Maybe the fact that I'm Danish make my question blurred because og English not being my native Language gives reason for misinterpretation and if thats the case I'm sorry.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: GB for iPad tutorial. How to record touch gestures...
    Hi Steen, I'm not sure on the actual technique used in the end by RIshabh Rajan. I seem to remember we may have used something like Screenflow or FCP X in post production to create the white dots. Hope that helps, R
  • Sjamus
    Hi Rounik. Thanks a lot for your reply. Really appreciate it. Ok, so it's a Big effort in order to make it look the way it does. It would be great if there was an App capable of doing this kind of screencasting. It looks like Jailbreaking gives some oportunities but I'm not taking that route. Thanks again R :-) Best Steen.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steen, No probs! Yes, I think you're right. Jailbreaking, currently, may provide the only seamless solution. I was looking at a friend's jailbroken iPhone yesterday... and was mighty impressed with some of the apps and ways to customise interaction with core services like brightness, wi-fi, color tint, etc direct from the home screen. but... that's for another thread... and I'm not brave enough to go the jailbreak route either ;-) Best, R
  • GaryHiebner
    Maybe this app can help: [url]http://www.reflectorapp.com[/url] You can use this app to view your iPad screen on your Mac. Then you can use screencasting software such as Screenflow to capture the screen of the iPad on your Mac.
  • Sjamus
    Hi Gary. Thanks for the suggestion :-) I've been in touch with the tutor and the App he uses is only available if you Jailbreak your iPad. I've seen The application you mention. A similar Application is Airserver and that seems to be the route I'll be taking. I had hoped for an iPad app in the official App Store. It seems Apple isn't happy to approve these kind of Apps.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: