Forums
This thread relates to...
Bitwig Studio 101
Absolute Beginner's Guide
by: thaviusbeck
More Info
  • Gb7b5
    Share Bitwig project between Windows and Mac computers
    Hi, My studio computer is a Mac and at home and on the road I have a Windows laptop. I have the same third party plug-ins on both. Bitwig runs fine with the plug-ins on either computer; but when I open a project from one on the other I get a "Plug-ins missing" warning and have to manually choose the plug-in. In so doing, the selected preset is not preserved nor are the tweaks to it. I'm just starting in with Bitwig so I'm wondering if there's something I should be doing to avoid this problem. I have been using Reaper for years and am used to just hitting 'save' on either computer and 'open' on the other to find the project in exactly the same state. Thanks to anyone who can advise me! Morton
  • Joe A
    Re: Share Bitwig project between Windows and Mac computers
    Hi Morton - There's a mention in the Bitwig manual (p.289) about it being sensitive to plug-in versions: Quote A yellow square indicates that the plug-in has a version conflict. This means that the plug-in found on your system is an older version of the one that was saved in the project. When this happens, you can try to resolve it yourself, or you can ask Bitwig Studio to ignore the conflict. To tell Bitwig Studio to ignore all plug-in version conflicts: click the Ignore all version conflicts button at the bottom of the plug-in list. End Quote Maybe that could have something to do with it? I couldn't find any other references to sharing Bitwig projects between Mac & Windows installations, but I've linked the thread to one of our Bitwig courses (above), just in case another Bitwig user might notice it and have encountered something similar..
  • Gb7b5
    Re: Share Bitwig project between Windows and Mac computers
    Hi Joe, Thanks for your research. Your answer pointed me to the Project Info pane which I had not yet learned about. No yellow squares there, but an issue to trouble shoot. The plug-ins have red dots signifying that they are not present on the system even though they are present in the plug-in browser and can be used without issue on tracks. If someone actually does share projects between Windows and Mac I would appreciate a heads up so that I know that it could work. In the mean time I will just have to render plug-in output to audio clips as a work around, and continue trouble shooting.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: