Forums
This thread relates to...
Ableton Live 11 101
Ableton Live 11 Beginner's Guide
by: rishabhrajan
More Info
  • Student483914
    Editing a drum loop from session view to arrangement view
    I usually make a drum loop in session view using the grid. When I switch to arrangement view I can see it but how to I get it off loop and have it start/stop in a specific measure on arrangement view? Also how do I create a different drum beat/drum arrangement? Do I have to use a new track or would I be better off creating the drums starting in arrangement view?
  • Joe A
    Re: Editing a drum loop from session view to arrangement view
    There are two ways to get loops from Session View into Arrangement View -- you can record yourself triggering them on the fly or you could simply copy & paste a drum loop from one View into the other (if Arrangement View is not active when you switch over from Session View you have to hit the little "Back to Arrangement" button at the upper right corner of the track area). Once you're over in Arrangement View you can record additional parts on the same track or other tracks in traditional linear fashion as with any other DAW. Of course you could always just record directly in Arrangement View from the git-go -- it depends on your preferred workflow. This is all basic operation in Live -- if you're new to it, the video course attached above might be helpful, particularly videos 15, 17, and 18..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: