Ask.Video
Forums
  • Richard Nash
    mp3 export of stereo audio files?
    Can SP2 allow the user to export mp3s of audio files? I just recieved SP2 with Logic studio and I will be very bummed if this cannot happen. It seems that the only time a user can export an mp3 is of the "master mix" as the program calls it, in a multitrack project. Is this really the case? And if so, do you guys know why? All I want to be able to do is export an mp3 from a stereo audio file that I've edited. Please help somebody. This has made me very sad :-(
  • Linubaa
    Re: mp3 export of stereo audio files?
    MPunk I've been using Compressor to convert my AIFs to MP3. That would be a good thing to touch on in a tutorial section, since both Compressor and Soundtrack are included in Logic Studio. I know it seems like an extra step, but if you save a bunch of AIFs with Soundtrack, you can convert them to MP3 all at once using Compressor in the same batch session. Hopefully this can alleviate your sadness. * solo *
  • Richard Nash
    I hadn't even thought about compressor. I've never used it before but I will give it a try. I have been using itunes to convert the past couple of days. Thank you solotasq. Peace.
  • Linubaa
    NP, MP! Compressor can be a little tricky at first, and there's certainly nothing wrong with the iTunes import method, but there can be times when you wouldn't want to use it, for example if you edited a bunch of song excerpts specifically for online use. Of course what would be ideal is if Soundtrack had an "Export Using Compressor" command like Final Cut for whatever kind of file one was working on (hopefully in a future version), but for now it's up to the human interface. That's the only reason I can think of why Compressor was included in Logic Studio, even though it does lots more stuff. * solo *
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: