Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student484324
    Routing to Group Tracks/Busses
    Hi, I'm looking to route two mono Rhythm Guitar Tracks to a Single Group track, with an instance of an Amp Sim on the Group Track. My guitar tracks are panned hard Left and hard Right, but when I route them to my group track, they lose the Left and Right pans and end up in the Center. My group Channel track is in Stereo, but I am unable to hear the individual Left and Right pans. Adjusting the pans on the Guitar tracks doesn't seem to have an effect after they are routed to the Group Track. Can anyone offer any guidance? I feel like I'm missing something. Thanks! Looks like this: Left > Group Track + Amp Sim > Left+Right = Center Right But I want this: Left Left > Group Track + Amp Sim
  • Student484324
    Re: Routing to Group Tracks/Busses
    Looks like my flow chart at the end didn't translate...
  • Joe A
    Hi - I don't have Cubase here, but assuming subgrouping is pretty much the same as in other DAWs, a couple of things come to mind off the top off my head.. - Maybe the Group track is stereo but the bus feeding it is mono..? - Maybe the stereo Group track has its own pan/width control..? - Maybe there's a mono plug-in (the Amp Sim or another plug-in) in the stereo Group track that is collapsing the image to mono..?
  • speakerz
    The bus track must be stereo.
  • Joe A
    Yes, the O.P. said his group track was a stereo track -- he was trying to figure out why it didn't preserve the panning of the tracks he fed through it. Using a mono bus to feed the stereo subgroup track was one possibility [among others], but since the O.P. didn't repost to say if he solved the issue, I guess we'll have to assume he figured it out..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: